Greetings and salutations,
I hope this thread will be helpful to those who follow in my foot steps as well as getting any advice based on what I have done / documented.
To discuss this thread, please participate here: Ubuntu Forums
OpenCart is a PHP-based online store management system with a MySQL/MariaDB database backend and support for different languages and currencies. It is freely available under the GNU General Public License.
This tutorial will cover how to manually setup OpenCart which will use a separate dedicated database server and SSL encryption.
Tools utilized in this process
- Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS, 64-bit
- OpenCart 4.0.0
- Apache Web Server 2.4.52
- MariaDB 10.6.7
- PHP 8.1.2
- Portable PuTTY 0.77
- VMware vSphere 6.0.0
- VirtualBox 6.1.36
The list below are sources of information that was helpful in the creation of this document.
This documentation will need to make use of some very-specific information that will most-likely be different for each person / location. And as such, this information will be noted in this section. They will be highlighted in red throughout the document as a reminder that you should plug-in your own value rather than actually using these "place-holder" values.
Under no circumstance should you use the actual values listed below. They are place-holders for the real thing. This is just a checklist template you need to have answered before you start the install process.
Wherever you see RED in this document, you need to substitute it for you will use in your environment.
- Internet domain: store.mydomain.com
- Ubuntu Server name: srv-opencart
- Ubuntu Server IP address: 192.168.107.15
- Ubuntu Admin ID: administrator
- Ubuntu Admin Password: myadminpass
- Database Server Name (remote): srv-database
- Database Server IP (remote): 192.168.107.20
- Database Admin ID: root
- Database Admin Password: rootpass
- Database ID: opencartuser
- Database Password: opencartuserpass
- Email Server Name (remote): srv-mail
- Email Server IP (remote): 192.168.107.25
- OpenCart Admin ID: OpenCartAdmin
- OpenCart Admin Password: opencartadminpass