qdPM is a web-based project management system.
This tutorial will cover setting up qdPM on a dedicated Apache web server and will make use of a separate dedicated database server.
- Web Server (e.g. Apache)
- Database Server (e.g. MySQL/MariaDB)
- PHP 7.2
Video: qdPM Overview
Video: qdPM - How to add a project
Video: qdPM - How to add a task
This documentation will need to make use of some very-specific information that will most-likely be different for each person / location. And as such, this information will be noted in this section. They will be highlighted in red throughout the document as a reminder that you should plug-in your own value rather than actually using these "place-holder" values.
Under no circumstance should you use the actual values listed below. They are place-holders for the real thing. This is just a checklist template you need to have answered before you start the install process.
The variables in RED below need to be substituted for your environment. Be sure to replace these variables used in this document with your own values and DO NOT use these example values.
- Ubuntu Server name: srv-qdpm
- Ubuntu Server IP address: 192.168.107.26
- Domain name: pm.yourdomain.com
- Database Server Name (remote): srv-mysql
- Database Server IP (remote): 192.168.107.20
- Database Admin ID: root
- Database Admin Password: rootpass
- Database ID: qdpmuser
- Database Password: qdpmuserpass
- Email Server Name (remote): srv-mail
- Email Server IP (remote): 192.168.107.25
- Ubuntu Admin ID: administrator
- Ubuntu Admin Password: myadminpass