This tutorial will walk you through how to upload your mod to TESNexus.com.
Create your mod and make sure the name is consistant throughout.
Name of the Mod: MyMod
Name of the Files: Data\MyMod.7z (compressed archive of all the files in your mod) Data\MyMod.esp (no version number) Data\MyMod Readme.txt Data\Meshes\Armor\MyMod\M\cuirass.nif Data\Textures\Armor\MyMod\M\cuirass.dds Data\Textures\Menus\Icons\Armor\MyMod\cuirass.dds
Click Add a File in the MEMBER AREA which is on the right side of the web site just under the MENU section.
Fill in the following information and click Submit
- File Name: MyMod (the name of your mod)
- Version: 1.0
- Author: you (or the actual author if your uploading for somebody else)
- Category: Pick the right one for the right game: Oblivion or Morrowind (you can always change later if you goofed).
- File Description: Paste the entire contents of your readme here. You shouldn't be adding anything to this upload that isn't already contained in your readme.
- Author's Notes: Paste the Credits section of your readme here.
- File Mirrors: OPTIONAL: If you've uploaded to other places, list them here.
After you click Submit, you are taken to another page where you can actually upload your mod. Set the following and click Submit:
- Name of File: MyMod (the name of your mod)
- Upload: Click Browse and pick the archive of your file (Example: MyMod.7z)
- If this is your only file (or the most current version), place a Checkmark beside Make Primary.
Once the mod is uploaded, click the Manage Your Files in the MEMBER AREA if you are not already there.
Find the mod you just uploaded in your mod list and click the button called IMAGES that is on the same line as the mod you want to modify.
For Image #1, click Browse and find your 1st screenshot (should be the best one).
Type a short description of the image.
Repeat the above steps until you've uploaded all your images. The site tends to keep the order better if you submit your images one at a time. Always use image slot #1.
If your mod requires other files to download which is noted in your Requirements area of your readme, click the button called REQUIREMENTS that is on the same line as the mod you want to modify.
Type a description of the required file. Example: Ren's Beauty Pack (full)
Type/paste the direct link to the file. Example: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4431
Repeat the above steps for each required file and click Submit.
If your mod requires other files to download which is noted in your Requirements area of your readme, click the orange shield icon.
Type a description of the required file.
Type/paste the link to the file.
Repeat the above two steps for each required file and click Submit.