CodeIgniter is an application framework for PHP web apps. GroceryCRUD is a library for CodeIgniter that allows you to make an application in seconds that can Create, Read, Update and Delete records in your database. It is great for a quick front-end or back-end administration tool for data entry.
Software Used in this Article
- Ubuntu Server 16.04.2 LTS
- Apache Web Server 2.4.18
- MariaDB 10.1.23
- PHP 7.0.15
- CodeIgniter 3.1.4
- GroceryCRUD 1.5.8
- PuTTY 0.62
It will also be assumed you have a separate dedicated MariaDB / MySQL database server.
Wherever you see RED in this document, you need to substitute it for what your company uses. Use the list below as a template you need to have answered before you continue.
- Ubuntu Server name: srv-php
- Ubuntu Server IP address: 192.168.107.55
- Ubuntu Admin ID: administrator
- Ubuntu Admin Password: myadminpass
- MySQL Server (remote): srv-mysql (192.168.107.20)
- MySQL example user: grocerycruduser
- MySQL example Password: grocerycrudpass