I DO NOT HAVE THIS WORKING YET
Greetings and salutations,
I hope this thread will be helpful to those who follow in my foot steps as well as getting any advice based on what I have done / documented.
To discuss this thread, please participate here: >> CREATE FORUM LINK <<
This thread will cover installation of YouPHPTube web site on a dedicated Ubuntu server and will utilize a separate dedicated database server and dedicated encoding server. The server will be installed inside a virtual machine vSphere running on ESXi servers. Although there are some VMware-specific steps, they are very few and the majority of this documentation will work for other VMs such as VirtualBox or even directly installed onto a physical machine. Please excuse any ignorance on my part and if you have any advice on doing things better, please let me know. I love feedback and learning better ways of doing things!
When done, this server will allow the following types of files to be uploaded: mp4, avi, mov, mkv, flv, mp3, wav, m4v, webm, wmv, 3gp, mpg, mod, mpe
After Ubuntu is installed and configured, Apache web server will be installed and configured. Next will be the installation and configuration of YouPHPTube which will utilize an existing remote database server (MariaDB/MySQL).
The last step will cover some custom scripts to help automate tasks such as backing up, automatically growing the file system when free space is low, etc.
Tools utilized in this process
- Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS, 64-bit
- Apache 2.4.18
- PHP 7.0.28
- MariaDB 10.1.32 (or MySQL)
- YouPHPTube 5.0
- Portable PuTTY 0.70
- VMware vSphere 6.0.0
The list below are sources of information that helped me configure this system as well as some places that might be helpful to me later on as this process continues.
- Ubuntu Documentation
- Ubuntu Firewall Basics
- Ubuntu AppArmor Basics
- YouPHPTube downloads
- Video Tutorial: How to Update
- Video Tutorial: Integrating Streamer and Encoder
- Video Tutorial: How to Install on Ubuntu Server
- Video Tutorial: How to LIVE Stream with OBS and VMix
This documentation will need to make use of some very-specific information that will most-likely be different for each person / location. And as such, I will note some of these in this section. They will be highlighted in red throughout the document as a reminder that you should plug-in your own value rather than actually using my "place-holder" value.
Under no circumstance should you use the actual values I list below. They are place-holders for the real thing. This is just a checklist template you need to have answered before you start the install process.
Wherever you see RED in this document, you need to substitute it for what your company uses. Use the list below as a template you need to have answered before you continue.
- Ubuntu Server name: srv-php
- Internet domain: youphptube.mydomain.com and encoder.mydomain.com
- Ubuntu Server IP address: 192.168.107.8
- Ubuntu Admin ID: administrator
- Ubuntu Admin Password: myadminpass
- Email Server (remote): 192.168.107.25
- MySQL Server (remote): 192.168.107.20
- MySQL root Password: mysqlrootpass
- MySQL YouPHPTube user: youphptubeuser
- MySQL YouPHPTube Password: youphptubeuserpass