This mod is a re-imagined armor and weapon set for Oblivion that is based on the glass armor in Morrowind.
Expected Release Date: When it's done.
Expected Level of Difficulty: Hard, Level 20+
Light / Heavy Shield models completed on 5/26/2008 (Modified 3/21/2009) Alternate View
Spear model completed on 5/25/2008
Battlestaff model completed on 5/25/2008
BattleAxe model completed on 4/10/2008
Custom Glass Dagger model completed on 3/31/2008
Mace (collage) model completed on 3/26/2008
Dagger (collage) model completed on 3/18/2008
Claymore model completed on 3/16/2008
Shortsword model completed on 3/9/2008
Spear model completed on 2/11/2008
Staff model completed on 2/11/2008 (updated on 5/25/2008)
Longsword model completed on 12/23/2007
Warhammer model completed on 12/23/2007
Vvardenfell Glass Armor Test #1 - Youtube (low-res) or TESNexus (high-res).
Vvardenfell Glass Armor Test #2 - Youtube (low-res) or TESNexus (high-res).
- 8 New Enemies ranging from tough to very challenging and presented in a serial progression
- 9 New (Re-Modeled / Re-Textured) Glass Atronachs that are made of transparent material.
- 13 uniquely modified glass weapon meshes in 9 different colors = 117 weapons.
- 13 pieces of unique glass light armor (Male/Female) meshes in 9 different colors = 117 armor pieces
- 13 pieces of unique glass heavy armor (Male/Female) meshes in 9 different colors = 117 armor pieces
- 2 shield meshes in 9 different colors = 18 shields
That's 42 new meshes with 378 pieces in-game. whew!!!
I think jcarl only had one armor set in mind when he started this. muhahahaha!!!
Mod Varient #1 - Vvardenfell Glass Armor
- Adds unique enchanted armor that must be taken from enemy PCs. Each enemy will have a different colored set with different enchantments and different weapons.
- There will be light and heavy armor that is visually different (heavier-looking).
- Each enemy NPC carries a unique enchanted armor set and one unique enchanted weapon that they specialize in.
- When enemy NPCs are conquered, vendor shops will sell non-enchanted versions of their armor and the ENTIRE set of matching (colored) weapons.
- One set of unique non-enchanted armor that will be very close in appearance to Morrowind Glass armor.
- Various sets of unique enchanted armor will be available. Currently in Black, Blue, Cyan, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, White and Yellow.
- Various sets of non-enchanted armor will be made available for purchase at vendor shops (more will be appear over time in the vendor's inventory)
- Special Spell: Vvardenfell Glass Fire - This spell is available when all pieces of an armor set are worn together. It will set the armor on fire (color based on armor color), 60 second duration, Novice in Illusion requirement, 15 foot radius of light, 100% resistant to fire, 100% resistant to frost, 50% weakness to magic.
- Special Spell: Vvardenfell Glass Vision - This spell is available when all pieces of an armor set are worn together. It will set enable night vision for 60 seconds and have a Novice in Illusion requirement.
- Estimated Size: Uncompressed: 300 MB, Compressed: 60 MB
Mod Varient #2 - Oblivion Glass Replacer
- Meshes and Green textures placed and named exactly like Oblivion glass armor which will replace Oblivion Glass with Vvardenfell Glass.
- No .esp required...thus no stat changes or anything...just a visual change.
- Estimated Size: Uncompressed: 30 MB, Compressed: 3 MB
While sending PMs back and forth to each other, jcarl sent me a particular PM on July 30th, 2007 at 12:37 PM
This marks the very beginning of this project and moves it from the "wouldn't it be cool" talking phase to actual development.I decided to give a new glass armor a go
- Create menu icons for all weapons.
- REDO (PC CRASH): Re-enter all armor variants, NPC battles, creatures and FX spells.
- REDO (PC CRASH): Re-match fire shader effects to finalized glass colors.
- MODELING: Create helmet egm files (maybe).
- CS KIT: Add fire sound FX whenever the fire spell is used.
- CS KIT: Adjust NPC enemy levels of difficulty.
- CS KIT: Apply and adjust enchantments.
- PACKAGING: Figure out how to allow people to play with the armor if they don't want glowmaps (requires edited mesh and deleted _g.dds file).
- PACKAGING: Create final build with OMOD Conversion Data.
- PACKAGING: Upload to TESNexus and Planet Elder Scrolls (file mirrors to MediaFire, FileFront, 4Shared)
- OPTIONAL (After Release): UFF/Robert version of the armor.
- OPTIONAL (After Release): Create some re-invisioned Morrowind weapons.